Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mom's Valentine Card


When I was at my Mother's home this weekend she asked me to take down a box from the top shelf of her closet. It was a large shirt box and felt heavy for it's size. She asked if I had a minute to look at something. Inside the box were Valentine's her father had given her. Each card had it's own small flat box. Most of them were 70+ years old. She had saved them all these years. The Valentines themselves were very ornate. Most had lace, ribbons, embossing and embellishments. With that in mind I came home and made my Mom her Valentine. It was much harder than I thought it would be. As hard as I tried I just couldn't make one that fussy. This is what I came up with. I'm not happy with it, but I gave it to her today. She was so pleased. I also gave her a Package of the candy I made yesterday (see 2/8/10 post) That may have sweetened her up ;)


I embossed the greeting and flower stems and the hearts. I used pop dots for the flower heads. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the lacey edge. The ribbon came from Micheal's.
Thanks again for visiting my blog.
Jana

No comments: