Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Faux Pinwheel Card


Good morning All, well it was until my power went off. Not to worry it's back on now.

A very dear friend of mine has been in the hospital for the last few days. I took advantage of the power outage and made her a card to take with me when I went to visit today. I did add a sentiment to the bottom and inside of this card. Sorry those pics didn't come out good so I can't post them.
I found this technique on youtube. From there I went to the Stamperdog site to take a look around. Well let me tell you, I was not disappointed. She's a Stampin Up! demonstrator with some very cute ideas and other videos too. Here's a link to this video on her site.
The only change I made was I didn't use dotto. I used my Zig two way pen. I put a dab on the backs of each square and let it dry. Then the glue is reposition able. When I finished the pinwheel I went back and re glued with my zig pen so that it was permanent. Also I don't have a square punch so I did cut them out with my guillotine. I just love this technique and this card. I'll be making more of these in different colors.
Thats all for now, see you soon.
Jana

No comments: