Monday, April 19, 2010

Hot Chicken Salad


Today I let my daughter plan tonight's dinner. She could choose anything she wanted as long as I had the ingredients on hand. She chose Hot Chicken Salad. ( She made a trip to the store to buy potato chips) It's a casserole I don't make very often. I'm a lifetime Weight Watcher member and this recipe definitely does not qualify. Without further a do, Hot Chicken Salad:
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken,
2 cups sliced celery,
1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds,
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons grated onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup mayo, (light mayo works fine)
1/3 cup grated parm. cheese
1 cup crushed potato chips
Mix it all together except the crushed potato chips. Spoon it in to a 9X13" pan. Top with the crushed chips. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
I served this with Home Made Bread I had in the freezer, green beans and canned apricots. These are all her favorites.
I have a few new cards I'll be posting during the week so stop back soon, Jana

No comments: