Monday, September 13, 2010

Seven Days of Quilt Cards and Give-A-Way

Hello everyone, Today starts a new series I'm calling "Seven Days of Quilt Cards". Two of my favorite things to create are cards and quilts. So this seems like a natural project for me. If that isn't enough for you, lol, I'll be having a small give-a-way at the end of this series. Here's a hint, it's small in size, new to me and very cool.  If you like stitching on cards, you'll love it.

This first card I created in honor of the Forth of July, but could be used for Patriot's Day too.

It's a Z shaped card cut at 4.25" X 11". I scored it from the left at 2.75" and 5.5". It finished into an A2 card. The solid blue and red pieces were cut at 4.25" X 2.50". I then added faux stitching around the boarder. The quilt finished at 3" X 3" and then mounted on a piece of red cardstock that measures 3.25" X 3.25"
Here's a photo of the card open

I used all Stampin' Up paper and cardstock. Tomorrow I'll be posting the details on how I piece these cards. If you want to play along you'll need:
A 3/4" square punch
Graph paper, 4 squares to an inch.
Ruler
Zig 2 way glue
Scrap paper in varies designs and colors that pleases your eye.The basic quilt uses a light, medium and dark color. Some of these cards will and some won't. It's really up to you.
It's going to be a fun week so be sure to stop by often.
Jana

5 comments:

Melissa said...

This is beautiful Jana! What a lovely card this would be to send off to one of our soldiers!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

jennyplace2 said...

Looking forward to playing! I love your card. So does this mean you will show us all the steps? I sure hope so!

Stacy said...

Jana,
I absolutely love the card. It is beautiful.
Thanks so much for sharing
Stacy

IRW Dana said...

I love quilts but can't sew a straight line to save my life. LOL So I'm excited to see if I can' "quilt" a card. Thanks for the inspiration. papermemories4u(at)yahoo(dot)com

GabyCreates.com said...

This is such a great project!!