Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kimono Card

Hi All, This week starts my family's birthday madness.
Last winter my sister and I went to a showing of antique kimonos in Rochester, NY. We were in awe if the details and workmanship. With that in mind I made her this card.

Using the Pagoda cartridge I cut the Kimono on page 72 at four inches.
The A2 card base is Stampin'Up Ballet Blue Cardstock
1st layer was cut at 5.25 X 4"
2nd layer, SU Brilliant Blue, was cut at 5 X 3.75"
Kimono base, vanilla cs, was spritzed with iridescent gold Glimmer Mist.
After I layered the Asian print on top I outlined it and the cut floweres with a Gelly Roll clear star pen.

I finished the inside with the base of the Kimono. I inked the edges and stamped the sentiment with SU Ballet Blue.
Thanks for stopping by, Jana

3 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

Lovely paper you chose for this beautiful card!!!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous kimono!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous!!