Friday, August 13, 2010

Day four of the "Seven Days of Owls"

Good Evening All, Today is day four of my "Seven Days of Owls" series. If you missed day one, two or three be sure to scroll down to see all of them.
Today's card is way out of my comfort zone. I love the vintage look but I really struggle with it. I think maybe I don't like to make cards look dingy, lol. I really prefer clean lines.

This card measures 4 X 6.  I used basic grey cardstock for the card.  I cut and embossed vanilla light cardstock using a cuttlebug embossing plus  named "lace door". I cut two Nestabilities labels from the "labels eight" set. One in vanilla and the other in Going Grey. The owl was stamped with a Studio G. stamp in a dark grey metallic studio G. pigment ink. I then heat embossed him with a fine detail black embossing powder. I thought he needed more so using a embossing pen I filled him in and used Sweet Stamps pearl and medieval metals embossing powders. I put it together and then sprayed the entire front of the card with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I made the prima flowers by inking them with Tim Holtz Distressed  Tea Dye and Vintage Photo inks. The half pearls are from my stash.


A word about the CB Embossing Plus by Provo Craft. I found this to be a total P.I.T.A. I have tried using every weight of paper and cardstock. It's very difficult to remove from the folder. The tiny pieces have to be pushed out or they stick in the folder and are very time consuming to remove. I may in the future try another of these folders but only if the cuts  aren't so small.
Have a great evening everyone and I'll see you tomorrow, Jana

3 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

I used one at CHA taht didn't have any intricate pieces. It cut out a rectangle to make a frame and embossed some really cool gears on the frame and the piece that cut out. The stencil on the back worked so you could color the embossed gears. It hasn't been released yet.

Ohhh Snap said...

I forgot to say I love the owl card. It looks like it's an altered piece of pressed tin :D.

Emily said...

Beautiful card!