Monday, July 19, 2010

Embossed and Layered Medallion Flower

Hello Again Friends and Followers.  Yesterday the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo was in town.  So many choices and so little money, lol. One item on my list to check out was a medallion stamp. I chose this one because I knew it would be easy to cutout.
To begin I choose four different colors I wanted to use from my scrap bin. I stamped the image in Versamark once on the green and twice on each of the purples. I then heat embossed them with pearl fine detail embossing powder. Once they cooled I cut them out.
Here you can see all seven layers and the embossing. The lighter colors didn't photograph was well as the darker.
Beginning with the largest I started the layering. Layer 1-2 I glued, 2-3 I pop dotted, 3-4 I glued, 4-5 I pop dotted, 5-6 I pop dotted and 6-7 I glued. In the center of layer seven I added a purple half back jewel.The hardest part to making this was picking the colors. I choose all SU cardstock, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace and Almost Amethyst.
The stamp measures 4 X 4 inches so all my scraps were that size or smaller.  The stamp is from Holly Berry House.  They have a large selection of medallion rubber stamps. The embossing powder is from Sweetstamps.com.  I highly recommend it for fine detail embossing. I hope you enjoyed this post.  I'll be doing more of these for Christmas.  Can't you just see these in Poinsettia colors?
Best, Jana

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jana this is so beautiful! I called my daughter away from her scrappin and said you have to look at this! She loves it too.

DtsArt said...

this is stunning