Saturday, May 1, 2010

Patchwork Card


Happy National Scrap booking day everyone, I took the afternoon to finish up some long neglected projects. First on my list was a scrapbook I began for my great niece. I took it out, looked it over and put it away. I had started it a few years ago shortly after buying my Cricut. I feel like my work wasn't up to par. So I'll have to decide if I finish it or start over. Next I decided I needed to make my daughter her birthday card. Her b'day is next Sunday, the same day as Mother's day this year. I've seen many variations of this card but had never tried one. Two of the squares were embossed using my cuttlebug. Two were stamped. Three were covered in SU paper over card stock. The button on the number 24 was a clear button. I stamped a small flower and glued it to the back of the button. Tied a ribbon around the middle square. When I went to mount the squares I found I had measured wrong. Rather than cutting another layer I simply added the ribbon to separate the rows. Next time I need to watch my measuring.
enjoy the rest of your weekend, Jana