Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Butterfly flowerpot adornment



Happy Hump day everyone, today is just a quick post of this cute 2 1/2 inch butterfly I made using my cricut. For mother's Day I gave my Mom a house plant. I made one of these and added it to the pot for a little something extra. I think these would also be nice if you're taking a get well plant to someone. This is not the plant I gave my Mom. I decided to make a few extra to have on hand. I used the Home Accents cart and cut the #2 butterfly at 2.5 inches real size. I also cut the blackout feature in white glimmer card stock. I cut the butterfly's antennas and tail off the blackout to make it easier to glue together. I attached the butterfly to the stick using tape and then covering the tape with card stock. The stick is actually a bamboo skewer(for kabobs) that I painted white.
Hope you enjoyed this post, Jana

No comments: